Valanciunas - like the Raptors as a whole - has be

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Reds closer Aroldis Chapman threw 25 pitches during batting practice on Tuesday, passing the final test before he can begin a rehabilitation stint in the minors. Chapman likely will pitch at Class A Dayton on Thursday in his first time in a game since suffering a head injury. Hes hoping to be activated after four or five appearances in the minors. "It went very good," Chapman said, with trainer Tomas Vera translating. "All my pitches were the way I wanted." The left-hander was hit on the forehead by a line drive during a spring training game in Arizona on March 19. He had a plate inserted above his left eye and nose to help fractures heal. Chapman was one of eight Reds who opened the season on the disabled list, the most in the majors. Jonathan Broxton is closing games in his absence. Chapman has thrown batting practice without a protective screen. He said theres no concern when he sees a batter hit one of his pitches. "I feel normal," he said. "I feel the way I was before I got hit with the ball." Manager Bryan Price thinks Chapman needs only a few games in the minors to get ready for his return. Chapman suggested four or five would be sufficient. Chapman threw the equivalent of one inning to Reds hitters, working more on his changeup and slider. "I know I have the fastball," he said. "Im feeling I have the fastball. Im working with the breaking pitches." Outfielder Roger Bernadina saw a couple of fastballs at the outset from Chapman and couldnt connect. "I didnt see the first two," Bernadina said. Antonio Morrison Jersey . After missing 20 games as a rookie a year ago, Valanciunas - like the Raptors as a whole - has been fortunate to be in good health this season. As he spoke about it, the Raptors sophomore centre scanned the room for wood to knock on. "It is disappointing because we lost today so thats the worst part of the day," said Valanciunas, who left Tuesdays game with a lower-back sprain in the third quarter, missing the rest of Torontos 118-113 overtime defeat at the hands of the Hawks. Jeremiah George Jersey . MacArthur scored two goals, and the Senators outlasted Detroit in a testy third period to beat the Red Wings 4-2 on Saturday night. ... ts-jersey/. - Jordan Addesis shootout goal helped the Plymouth Whalers to a 3-2 win over the Sault Ste. Jeremy Vujnovich Jersey . So much so that even a simple foul pop up to the first baseman turned into a run. Houstons four-run rally in the ninth inning to beat the Seattle Mariners 6-4 on Monday night was capped by a bizarre play that started as Crowe fouled out to first baseman Justin Smoak with runners on second and third. Jabaal Sheard Jersey . -- So much for concern that running back Marshawn Lynch would be absent from the Seattle Seahawks minicamp.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants first-round draft pick Odell Beckham Jr. has nothing to show for the preseason. Coach Tom Coughlin announced Tuesday that the rookie wide receiver will miss the annual bragging rights game against the Jets (2-0) because of continuing problems with a hamstring injury. The LSU product pulled a hamstring two days into training camp and he hhas participated in six practices.dddddddddddd After missing the Giants first three preseason games, this was supposed to be the week that he played. However, Beckham was hit in the back of his leg late in practice Monday and he did not practice Tuesday. Coughlin ruled him out for Friday nights game. Despite interview requests, Beckham didnt talk to the media. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '