extended their lead to 50-36 at halftime

Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Tyreke Evans hit a sweeping layup with 1.6 seconds left to give the New Orleans Pelicans an improbable 95-93 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Sunday. Despite playing without star big man Anthony Davis (toe) and point guard Jrue Holiday (ankle), the Pelicans rallied around Evans and reserve center Alexis Ajinca, who scored 26 and 22 points, respectively. Evans drew the attention of three Raptors on his game-winning layup, but got it to fall regardless. (The Raptors) were blitzing the pick-and-roll, so I wanted to back up and get a good head start and build up steam, Evans explained. I kind of read Amir Johnson - he stopped a little bit - so once I saw him pause, I knew I had him beat, and I tried to finish at the rim. DeMar DeRozan missed a fadeaway 3 at the buzzer. Evans added five rebounds and five assists, while Ajinca shot 10-for-13 in 34 minutes off the bench. Eric Gordon had 14 points in the win, which moved New Orleans to 2-2 on its five-game road trip. DeRozan led Toronto with 22 points in his third game back from a groin injury. Lou Williams scored 17 points and Greivis Vasquez added 16 and nine assists, as the Raptors fell for the seventh time in their last nine games. Omer Asiks layup on the first possession of the second half gave New Orleans its biggest lead at 16 points, but the Raptors scored 10 of the next 12 points to cut into their deficit. Runs of 7-0 and 9-0 later in the quarter gave them the lead. Vasquezs 3-pointer at 4:44, part of the 9-0 flurry, tied the game at 58, and DeRozans runner on the next possession put the Raptors in front. They scored the last six points of the third and turned a 14-point halftime deficit into a 71-64 lead. A pair of Williams free throws near the midpoint of the fourth made it an 11- point game, but New Orleans had more in the tank down the stretch. Gordons three-point play highlighted the ensuing 9-0 push that had the Pelicans within 87-85. Ajinca tied the game at 89 with his layup, and Asik gave the Pelicans a brief lead with a dunk on the next possession. DeRozen re-tied it with a jumper at the other end. Baskets were at a premium in the early going. Six-plus minutes into the game, the score was just 5-5, as the two teams combined for a 3-for-20 start from the field. New Orleans got a boost from its bench, with all four reserves that played scoring at least two points. Ajinca had six points and the Pelicans led 21-14 after one. Weve got to find a way to get jump-started at the beginning of the game or find a group thats getting jump-started, Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. Evans dropped 13 of his 15 first-half points in the second quarter, as the visitors extended their lead to 50-36 at halftime. Game Notes The Pelicans outscored Toronto 62-34 in the paint and 18-9 on second-chance points ... Johnson had 14 points and 10 rebounds for Toronto ... Toronto finished its six-game homestand at 2-4. It heads on the road for three games, starting in Milwaukee on Monday ... New Orleans finishes its road trip in New York on Monday. Denis Savard Jersey . Jackson Houck added a goal and two assists for the Giants (28-23-10), who halted a five-game slide, while Tyler Morrison, Mason Geertsen and Dominik Volek each scored once. Matt Bellerive scored both goals for the Blazers (12-43-5), who are 1-9-0 in their last 10 outings. Alex DeBrincat Jersey . The Italian side scored twice in a four-minute span in the second half to defeat former stars from S. http://www.officialblackhawksauthority. ... c-31/.Mack, a reserve guard who came in averaging 3.8 points, made all six of his 3-pointers as the Hawks went 16 for 28 from behind the arc.Trailing 50-38 midway through the second quarter, Atlanta outscored Cleveland 89-48 the rest of the way and sent the Cavaliers to their largest loss of the season. Chicago Blackhawks Jerseys . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. Michal Rozsival Jersey . He even addressed his group of relievers Sunday morning. Dustin McGowan made those worries a nonfactor, at least for a day. McGowan pitched three-hit ball for seven innings, Colby Rasmus hit a grand slam and Melky Cabrera added a two-run homer as the Blue Jays beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2.MONTMELO, Spain - Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes were in a class of their own again in qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday, while struggling four-time champion Sebastian Vettel stalled and was demoted on the grid. Hamilton edged teammate - and main rival - Nico Rosberg with a late lap of 1 minute, 25.232 seconds on the sunny and dry Barcelona-Catalunya circuit for his fourth pole of the Formula One season and 35th in his career. Rosberg, the overall leader, came in second at 0.16 seconds behind to set up another driving duel. Hamilton has won the last three races right in front of Rosberg, with the rest of the field far behind. "Nico was really driving well though practice and qualifying," Hamilton said. "I didnt know if I was going to get it, but right at the end I had to eke out absolutely everything I could get from the car." Vettels Red Bull has left him stranded twice in two days. First it rolled to a halt during Fridays first practice session, and it failed him again early in the third period of qualifying. Vettel was left 10th in qualification, but he will start from 15th on the grid after Red Bull incurred a five-place penalty for replacing his cars damaged gearbox. Regulations require gearboxes to be used for at least six consecutive races. As Vettels troubles mounted, new partner Daniel Ricciardo finished with the third fastest time ahead of Williams Valtteri Bottas and Lotus Romain Grosjean. Fernando Alonso, last years winner here, could do no better than seventh place, right behind Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen. Hamilton complained to his team early in the day that they "made the car worse" after minor changes to try and improve on its already commanding performances from Friday, when the British driver dominated both practices. "It was a real handful for me," Hamilton said. "It was back to square one. I was a half second behind Nico but at the end I did it by the skin of my teeth." Rosberg wwasnt afraid to show his disappointment.dddddddddddd "I dont particularly enjoy coming second to Lewis," he said. "But all it takes is a good start tomorrow and I am in the lead again." Hamilton and Rosberg are poised to dominate a fifth straight race after sweeping the first four and taking all five pole positions. That dominance was acknowledged by Ricciardo. "We are best of the rest. But that is not good enough, we are still a second off," the Red Bull driver said. "We have made some improvement, but they, being Mercedes, have done so as well. Even with a different strategy in the race, it is going to be difficult to make up a second each lap." In 23 races at Montmelo, 15 pole-sitters have gone on to victory, while only two drivers have won when starting from third place or lower. Red Bull appeared to have Vettels car back in a good enough condition to compete, but its transmission acted up at the start of the third qualifying period when he pulled out of the garage, and by the third curve his car came to a halt. Vettel told his team by radio, "I have no drive, Im sorry, I have no drive" before he jogged back to pit lane while waving to fans. Ferrari showed no sign that the three-week break before the European races had paid off in improvements. "This wasnt a good qualifying session," Alonso said. "But the outcome was more or less what we could have expected on a difficult weekend." Less than two minutes into the session, Pastor Maldonado crunched the right wheel of his Lotus when he lost control coming out of a right-hand turn and slammed into the wall on his third lap. Maldonado, who won here in 2012 with Williams, emerged unscathed from the car before it was hauled away. Toro Rossos Jean-Eric Vergne will start the race from the back of the pack after he was docked 10 places for breaching safety regulations on Friday when a wheel flew off his car. He finished qualifying in 16th place. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '